Call for Submissions:
(Dis)ability, Diversity and Performance
alt.theatre is currently accepting submissions for a special issue planned for spring 2014 that will explore the intersections of (dis)ability, diversity and the performing arts. Possible topics include:
- The intersections between (dis)ability and other planes of marginalization in the performing arts
- The performativity of (dis)ability
- Community-engaged art and (dis)ability rights activism
- Profiles of artists or ensembles working with (dis)ability
- Reviews of specific performance pieces exploring (dis)ability
We are accepting proposals as well as completed, previously unpublished pieces. Proposals should consist of an abstract of one page maximum. See the attached PDF for more information. Please include a CV or bio with your submission.
Please send proposals, submissions, or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20.